King (Regi Woodrow) born & raised in Dallas, TX. A 2o year old rapper full of passion who has a hand in every detail of his craft. Whether its writing or producing King works hard to make sure everything is worked on til its perfected.He started a group in 2012 with a roster of other talented people O.T.A (Obey The Artist) & with 6 months of hard work the young rapper is readying a new project for March which will be mentioned in the interview later.
let’s get to know more..
1. How did you get started with music?
I got started with music by basically watching my older cousins rap and I got jealous that I couldn’t be in their group so I took on my own entity and started rapping. (I was eventually added into the group lol)
2. What artists have influenced your career?
The artist that have had the biggest influence on my career are my brothers in OTA they have showed me so much about myself and they have helped me grow not only as an artist but as a person. And everyday life is what I write about so better person = better music. But other than them Will Smith is a HUGE influence on my music along with Jay- Z Kanye Andre 3k And B.I.G.
3. What separates you from other artists?
My ability to bring you a project. A full project with topics you can relate and songs that you wanna hear. I make MUSIC I don’t rap over beats.
4. What’s one thing you want people to know about you as an artist? and/or one thing you want people to take away from your music?
I am a human and the music is the only thing that keeps me alive. Period.
5. If you could pick ONE person to work with (dead or alive) in the music industry, who would it be and why? What’s your favorite track or project from that person?
This question is beyond TOO hard to answer but if I had to pick between Selena and Will Smith, I would probably pick Selena because her voice was beyond amazing. It’s the smoothest and tone perfect ive ever heard. My favorite song from Selena would probably have to be Como La Flor which means Like the flower in Spanish.
6. Besides rapping what other things do contribute in the studio to perfect your craft as an artist?
9. When its all said & done.. What’s the statement you would like your music to leave?