First things first, Happy Valentine’s Day from BSPZ! There are plennnnnnty of love songs out there, so of course we can’t cover them all. So instead we’ve asked a few of our IG followers what some of their favorite love songs are. Below is a list of 14 songs that they’ve named (and a shoutout). Thank you to all who have responded! Check it out.
1. Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill and D’Angelo
Can you say classic? This is the perfect 90’s love song, because it features a male and a female vocalist. (Which gives couples a chance to sing to each other if they’re into that).
[@ohhh_ejai & @chefboyrdo_o]
2. Un-thinkable [I’m Ready] – Alicia Keys
Sometimes people just need to know that you’re down to take the next step and this song captures that. If you love them, tell them. If you like them, tell them. What are you waiting for?
3. Breakin’ My Heart [Pretty Brown Eyes] – Mint Condition
This is that “you know you want to be with me” jam you play when you’re serious about the person and tired of waiting. Very classic.
4. Point Of It All – Anthony Hamilton
You really love them? They’re always on your mind? They don’t still don’t know why? Play this.
5. For The Lover In You – Shalamar
It’s gotta be real? You could write a book on how they make you feel? This may be for the lover in you. Play it.
6. Love, Sex, Reggae – Gyptian
I love having this on the list because it’s so non-traditional. Enjoy.
7. Still In Love – Brian McKnight
This. Is. A. Love. Song. When the eagles forget how to fly? What?!
8. Gotta Be – Jagged Edge
Ever pinch yourself just to see if you’re dreaming? You gotta be the one they love? I feel you.
9. Go Baby – Lupe Fiasco
For them you’d be a maniac? Go baby.
10. Neva End – Future ft Kelly Rowland
Taking their heart for ransom? Here’s another duet for you.
11. Sweetest Thing – Lauryn Hill x Refugee All-Stars
More Lauryn. Classic.
12. All The Man That I Need – Whitney Houston
R.I.P! No introduction needed.
13. Butterflies – Michael Jackson
R.I.P! Floetry wrote a classic! Who better than MJ to deliver?
14. Incomplete – Sisqo
Sometimes having everything doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have that one person to share it with.
Thank you all!